Thursday, July 28, 2011

Get Hired: Kim Kardashian's Stylist Needs an Intern!


If your dream is to become a stylist to the stars, then this opportunity is for you!

Monica Rose
, stylist to the Kardashian Sisters and Keri Hilson is hiring a blogging intern in Los Angeles!

Monica tweeted about this glam gig and we're sure her inbox is filling up fast. Send your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to info@monicarose.com to apply.

Of course, me being me, I was curious to find out how Monica snabbed her gig as Kim K's go-to-glam-gal.

Here's what Monica shared with Fashion Indie about how she got her start as a celeb stylist:

I grew up in a small town in Northern California. After high school, I moved to LA and had no idea what I wanted to do. I had always worked in clothing stores, and fashion kind if fell into my lap. Where I’m from, people don’t really get into fashion. There were no reality shows about stylists when I was young, so I wasn’t even aware of what a “stylist” was. I had no idea I was going to be a stylist.

I worked in many boutiques in LA. I had a lot of clients in New York and other cities, so I would put together outfits for them and send them out on approval. I worked with a lot of stylists too that would come in to shop for their clients. I kind of studied them and asked a lot of questions. I was just so curious about what they did on a day to day basis. One day a photographer asked me if I would work with him on some test shoots, and that was it. It just came very natural to me and I knew that was what I wanted to do.

The best advice I can give any aspiring wardrobe stylist is to really understand the amount of work it takes to be a good wardrobe stylist, to believe in yourself no matter what others may say or think, and to never give up.

Tags: Kim Kardashian, Kim Kardashian's stylist, Khloe Kardashian's stylist, Kourtney Kardashian's sylist, Keri Hilson's stylist, Monica Rose interns, Monica Rose stylist, styling internships

4 comments:

  1. That was possible because of the work load and useful source can help the intern to investigate what is required at the job and how many hours the work will help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is the new stylist section which can get the best theme of the life. You can also find out more with this section and can find the new things here. With this continued structure you may get the real blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find the stylist needs section from this area and can really get the best thoughts of all the time from this field. You can visit the link of http://www.resumetemplates2017.com/did-you-update-your-nurse-resume-template-for-2017 and can enjoy the best phase of the life to maintain the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! looking so awesome. I like this so much. So that I visit this link. Such a good link for me. I enjoy this so much and read this full. You done a good job for all.

    ReplyDelete