If you are a makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe stylist, or other industry professional, please mark your calendar for The Powder Group's NYC Studio Event Series, a group of seminars on building your brand in the beauty industry. I learned so much and met tons of talented artists at one of The Powder Group's events that I attended last year (read about it here), so I can say with complete confidence that you will definitely have a great learning & networking experience.
This upcoming Saturday, January 29th, one of the guest presenters will be Victoria Stiles , an amazing makeup artist I met at The Makeup Show last year. She will be presenting on "Strengthening Your Online Presence." Here is some of the insider information Victoria will be sharing:
- Starting, building, and maintaining a portfolio website with a unique domain.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) basics including how to obtain certain keywords (ie: ny makeup artist), meta tags, and site descriptions and where to place this vital information within your website.
- Fundamentals of link exchange and linking to your other social media profiles.
- How to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogging to build your business, online presence, and ultimately connect with cosmetic brands and potential clients.
- Exclusive information on how to develop your own professional websiode series of makeup tutorials.
You can register for Victoria's seminar by visiting The Powder Group .
Be sure to check out the entire line-up of seminars which is listed below.
Kit Focus 01/29/2011 11am-1pm
Strengthening Your On-line Presence 01/29/2011 4pm-5:30pm
Red Carpet Beauty 02/05/2011 12pm-2pm
New York Fashion Week Wrap-Up 02/19/2011 12pm-2pm
Mastering Color Theory 03/05/2011 11am-1pm
Makeup for Multiple Ethnicities 03/19/2011 12pm-2pm
Beauty and The Blog 03/19/2011 3pm-5pm
Marketing Your Career Now 04/09/2011 11:30am-2:00pm
Getting Next 04/09/2011 3:00pm-5:30am
To sign up or for more information please visit The Powder Group .