Monday, October 26, 2009

My new obsession with bridal everything


Photo by Elton Anderson

I have a confession. I have become obsessed with bridal stuff. Modern Bride and Martha Stewart Weddings. "Say Yes to the Dress." Wedding expos. The fine jewelry department at Macy's..... It's crazy. I have NOOOO intentions on saying the big "I Do" anytime soon, but I have been seriously thinking about expanding my network to the bridal industry. You all know I currently work full-time as a jewelry merchandiser-and I love it. I think bridal jewelry and accessories consulting could be a nice side hustle. Don't you agree?! I love LOVE, and I think working with a beaming bride-to-be could be a lot of fun. I know you're thinking, "Nicole is doing too much," and it's true, but oh well...I can sleep when I'm dead.

Today during my bridal related web surfing, I came across ModelBride.com, a neat site that offers local courses in bridal makeup and hair styling. How cool!

Take a look at the bridal beauty course lineup for fall-winter 2009/2010:
Creative Updos and Styling is a one or two day workshop for artists pursuing work in the fashion or bridal industry. Stylist will learn fabulous updos as well as fashion forward styles using hair falls and extensions. Classes are currently scheduled in Philadelphia, Fairfield, NJ and New York City with more locations coming soon. Learn More Now.

Introduction to Bridal Hair is a one day class designed to introduce students to the world of bridal, as well as master updos and bridal hair styles. Classes are currently scheduled for Fairfield, NJ with more locations coming soon. Learn More Now.

Introduction to Bridal Makeup is a one day class designed to introduce students to the world of bridal, and to master beautiful, long lasting makeup looks for the bride. Classes are currently scheduled for Fairfield, NJ with more locations coming soon. Learn More Now.
Registration

Classes are limited to 12 students so everyone receives individual attention throughout the day. Pre-registration is required so contact Model Bride today to reserve your seat at 973-635-1756.

No comments:

Post a Comment