Friday, February 26, 2010

You're Invited: Women in Business Lecture Series with Carla Harris


One of the most powerful moments that I've had thus far in 2010 was when I met business mogul Carla Harris. Carla was the keynote speaker at the New Jersey Statewide Founders Day for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, of which she and I are both members. After hearing her speak, all I can say is WOW, WOW...and WOW again! She is truly amazing. During her keynote, she shared the story of how she has risen to the top of her field as Managing Director in Global Capital Markets for Morgan Stanley. At the event, I also snagged a copy of her book Expect to Win:Proven Strategies for Success from a Wall Street Vet, which is a phenomenal read. Meeting Carla and hearing her pearls of wisdom have definitely inspired me to be more proactive towards my career growth. Now here's your opportunity to hear "Carla's Pearls" for yourself!

On March 17, 2010, Carla Harris will speak at the Women’s History Month program, Walker’s Legacy: A Women in Business Lecture Series. This event will be held in Washington, DC and is hosted by NMC Consulting Group. I'm happy to support my sorority sister and mentor, Natalie M. Cofield, owner of NMC Consulting Group (yes, those are her initials) and moderator of the event. If Natalie is there, I know for sure there will be a lot of power players in the room. It doesn't matter if you have a career in fashion or if you are a bus driver-this is definitely a program you do not want to miss!


"Pearls for Success in Business"
featuring Carla Harris
March 17, 2010
12:00 -2:00 pm
The Historic Sumner Museum
The Great Hall
1201 Seventeenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036-3008
$60 - Per Program $30 - MBA Discount (must show valid ID)
Click Here to Register Online


NMC Consulting Group will continue this dynamic lecture series throughout 2010. You've heard me say it before, but I will say it again: NETWORKING will be the number one key to your success. Please plan on attending at least one session during this series. I can assure you that you WILL meet someone who could offer you a hook-up one day (and we ALL need hook-ups from time to time!) You can find out about the Women in Business Lecture Series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment