Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quote This....


"Autonomy, complexity, and a connection between effort and reward are, most people agree, the three qualities that work has to have if it is to be satisfying."

-Malcolm Gladwell

......I am totally captivated with this Mr. Gladwell. (Read one of my prior posts about him here.) On my way to Detroit this past week, I picked up a copy of his latest book, Outliers:The Story of Success, at the airport terminal. The book tells several tales about people who have made it big, all while challenging the concept of the "self-made" success story. (I read the book in one weekend-I simply couldn't put it down.) The quote above was listed in the text and it really made me think about my own passions. Of course, passion numero uno is fashion...enough said. But now, I am digging deeper. I've narrowed down exactly what category in the fashion realm takes me to the top-and it's jewelry and accessories. So now I am working to take the next steps to pull me closer to being able to connect that aspect with my everyday career. You'll hear tons about my journey in the coming weeks, and in the month of June especially, I am going to talk A LOT about finding and fulfilling your passion. So stay tuned...

I highly encourage you to check out more Outlier book reviews by clicking here. And be sure to pick up a copy of your own!
Love ya much!
Nicole Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment