I received this message today from Chris Kidd, the creator of StyleCareers.com....
StyleCareers.com will be publishing it's 2009 Fashion Industry Employment Outlook next week. The study will reveal answers to the following 8 questions which will be posed to a variety of retailers and fashion business professionals:
1. Has the current economic environment caused you or your clients to scale back hiring plans for the next six months?
2. How likely do you think layoffs are in the next six months at your organization, or if you are a recruiter at your clients' organizations?
3. Did your organization or your clients' organizations have layoffs in the last six months?
4. When do you envision that your hiring or your clients' hiring will return to normal levels?
5. Are you seeing an increase in the number of candidates applying for positions?
6. What trend do you see in salaries for new hires?
7. Do you intend to participate in any fashion-specific career fairs in the next 6 months?
8. What is your #1 source for talent for fashion-specific positions?
9. What is your #2 source for talent for fashion-specific positions?
Once the study is released next week, I will be sure to post the results...!!!